NNFlowVector is an optical flow plugin for Foundry’s Nuke. It’s using state of the art AI/deep learning technology to produce really accurate motion vectors. It’s able to produce classic motion vectors (free version), but also the more advanced type smart vectors (paid/licensed version). To test it out for yourself, please use the downloads page. You are also welcome to request a free trial license to run the full version for a limited time period.
Here is an interactive example comparing the output from Nuke’s normal VectorGenerator to the motion vector output of NNFlowVector:
- Produce high quality motion vectors (“forward” and “backward” layers that together make up the “motion” layer in Nuke).
- Produce high quality smart vectors, to be able to use the output with NukeX’s powerful nodes like VectorDistort, VectorCornerPin and GridWarpTracker. (This feature requires a licensed version of NNFlowVector).
- Native overscan handling (i.e. it handles larger bounding boxes than the image frame/format). Please note that the bounding boxes can’t be animated, i.e. it can’t be different from frame to frame.
- GPU accelerated using CUDA by NVIDIA (requires a NVIDIA graphics card).
- Internal stitching of several inference/image patches (to be able to process high resolution images to produce the motion vectors without having that much VRAM available on the GPU).
- Supports Nuke 12.0 and later on both Linux and Windows.
- Supports Nuke Indie.
- (No support for Nuke15.0 yet)
The algorithm that generates the optical flow motion vectors is based on modern state of the art neural network technology (also commonly referred to as deep learning, machine learning or artificial intelligence). This makes it possible to produce more accurate and cleaner vectors than what has been previously possible to do using more traditional mathematical methods.
You always get the latest documentation as a PDF in the download zips (in the “docs” folder). You can also access the NNFlowVector documentation PDF directly using this link.
To read the documentation for all the plugin’s knobs, please visit the dedicated knob reference page.
NNFlowVector comes bundled with a few utility gizmos/tools, collectively called “NNFlowVector Utils”. These tools use the vector output of NNFlowVector to help you with certain compositing tasks. The tools are meant to encourage artists to use good quality motion vectors for more than adding motion blur to material, to show the vast possibility of things that are doable. Click here to read more about the included NNFlowVector Utils.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have gathered the most common questions about the plugin on a separate Frequently Asked Questions page.
All the downloads are available on the dedicated downloads page.